Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (June 10-13)

     It is officially summer for me (and has been for a couple of weeks), which means that I'll actually have time to read again! What a relief! Those bus rides simply were not long enough for me to get in all of the wonderful books I have been meaning to.
     It seems that I have quite a bit to catch up on. There are plenty of reviews I have yet to write, interviews I have been hoping to have,  and even a new hop-like event I was thinking of starting. If anyone is interested in participating in Summer Reading Sundays, please let me know through the comments or my email! More information will be forthcoming.
     Now, onto the hop!
Book Blogger Hop
Question of the Week:
     Who is the one author that you are dying to meet?
Answer:
     Picking just one is extremely difficult... I suppose that Suzanne Collins is who I am absolutely dying to meet. Her writing is beautiful: eloquent at times, and very down to earth at others. It would be a dream come true to be able to discuss her novels with her!

     Who would you love to meet?

8 comments:

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Hello! Stopping by via the Hop. You're the first person that I've seen answer with Suzanne Collins! Didn't even think of here while posting. Would love to meet her as well:) New follower My post this week is here.

Don't miss loads of fun!

~Zakiya LadyWings

Izzy G. said...

Hi, just hopping on by! Oh, I can't believe I completely forgot about Suzanne Collins when making my choice. I would love to talk to her, especially about some of the choices she made in her books.

TG said...

Hi! I became a new follower via the Hop.

Cool that you picked Suzanne Collins. I love the Hunger Games (of course) and I'd love to discuss the series with her, but I think I'd get all "Why?! Why?!" over Finnick Odair and she'd want to get away from the crazy weeping lady.

Jez said...

Suzanne Collins just slipped my mind! I agree that she's a great writer, her language is just beautiful. They made me wanna go into the book and stay there forever(hey, a girl can dream). Have a nice weekend!

My hop:
http://jezsbookcase.blogspot.com

Alissa said...

She'd definitely be a good one to meet. She and JK Rowling. :D

Felicia said...

Oh gosh I forgot all about Suzanne Collins! Somehow when I think of The Hunger Games, I kind of forget who the author is haha. (Oops) But great choice, glad you didn't forget haha :D

Here's my Book Blogger Hop :D

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

I think it would be pretty cool to meet Suzanne Collins. I'm very curious to see how see how she acts. With the kind of fiction she writes, she seems awesome, but I've never read her blog or anything so I'm not quite sure. She fascinates me with her way of thought. Thanks for stopping by my blog hop, sorry it took so long for me to stop by. It's been one of those weekends!

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

barmybex said...

oooh good answer, Suzanne Collins would be great to meet, her books are my obsession! hehe.

There are so many good authors around at the moment, It;s so hard to pick one.

Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by my blog.