Friday, October 29, 2010

Of Witches and Warlocks: The Demon Kiss by Lacey Weatherford

     Vance has gone off in search of his demon father after he was partially turned into a demon. Portia is determined to catch up to him before he gets into trouble. When she finally finds him, they decide to search for his father together in hopes of discovering some answers for Vance. They find more than they could have imagined.

     The Demon Kiss was just as fantastic as The Trouble With Spells!  I found myself holding my breath and cringing at different intervals. It reminded me a bit of the Sweep series, but it was completely different.
     As Portia's and Vance's relationship deepened, I found myself believing it more. They were fun and cute together, but they weren't the perfect couple. Such a thing doesn't really exist and I could see that from their connection. As with everyone else, they had their problems and disagreements. Nonetheless, they overcame the weaknesses in their relationship to be a stronger couple.
     I liked Portia more and yet less in this book. While she was still the strong and loving Portia I knew from The Trouble With Spells, she didn't seem to develop much further as an individual. It was always in relation to Vance. I couldn't understand Portia as much as I would have liked because of this. I wanted her to have a bit more of her own life that I could connect with. I still loved her, don't get me wrong, but I wanted more from her.
     Vance actually seemed to develop quite a bit in this novel. Instead of just being the cute, mysterious guy he became someone you could know and love. I suppose I couldn't connect with him as much in the previous novel because I didn't know enough about him. Now, though, I can see where he is coming from.
     The plot in this was pretty amazing! It really did keep me on my toes, wondering what would happen. First, will she find him? Then, what's up with his dad? Once you find out what the Demon Kiss actually is, the pages will fly!
     All in all, I loved this book. I cannot wait until I get my hands on Blood of the White Witch!

     Rating: 8.5
     Get this wonderful book from the Of Witches and Warlocks website or Amazon.

*The fact that I received this book from the author did not influence my opinion of it in any way. This was my honest review.
      

No comments: